Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday, Monday

Well, it's 1:40 in the afternoon and I am still in my pajamas. A phone call from my sister Jane woke me up at 10:30. We talked for 2 hours and then I dallied on email and Facebook for awhile . . . I have no need right now to really accomplish anything, which should worry me, I think. But it doesn't. I rather like being indolent, as it turns out.

I went and played volleyball last evening, even though the last time I played was in high school gym class and I received a "D." Not too great on that eye-hand coordination thing and I'm definitely not the athletic type. But it was a lot of fun. No one was an expert player, and many of my friends skills were not much more honed than mine. Besides, I don't mind being the comic relief. A thunderstorm interrupted play, however, and we ended up sitting it out in the shelter house, which was fun in it's own way. Friends and companionship are great any way they come!

1 comment:

  1. awwwww that sounds like so much fun. I wanna go and laugh at you trying to play volleyball! lol
    I really need to re-join the meetup darn it!

    ReplyDelete